Saturday, August 18, 2018

You Are Chosen Beautifully



There is something about being chosen that makes us feel beautiful and desired.

For such a time as this. Esther wasn’t just a beauty queen. A beauty and a queen. She was chosen. But, Esther was not just picked by the King, she was chosen by God to rescue her people. He just happened to use her outward beauty to get her into the position to carry out her calling. 

Samuel went through every attractive son of Jessie’s, before he found out that there was another one. A younger one, just a boy; David. I imagine he was a little bit awkward, a lanky looking teen boy would be anointed to become the future King of Israel. Chosen by God. A man after God’s own heart. Chosen, not because of how he looked, but because of his heart; what God saw in Him

Beauty is beyond how we look. I know, I know. But, hear me. 

Your beauty is beyond how you look. Always has been and always will be.

Sometimes you may be chosen or noticed because of how you look.  A poppin outfit, a great hair day, a gorgeous pair of shoes, or how your body looks may get eyes on you, but it is not what will keep them with you. More often than not, it is going to be who you are that attracts people; a reflection of what you model in your life. 

Beyond the worldly tension, you are chosen all because of Jesus. You are chosen. I don’t know for what purpose. I wish I could tell you what it is God has planned for you. But, you have a purpose. God has a plan for your life. And while he may use your outer beauty, it is who you are and what He has given you that qualifies you every time. He sees you, and no matter how you feel, or what you are going through He chooses you.

You are chosen. 

I repeat it to myself daily. Because, being chosen, wanted, and needed makes me feel beautiful, strong, and capable on the days when I feel anything but who I truly am. I am qualified. 

We are beautiful.

Not because of how we look, but because of whose we are and who He made us to be.
Beauty has very little to do with our outsides and what others want to see, it has to do with our hearts and what God is doing in us. 

What we believe, who we are becoming, and what we live out. That is beautiful. You are beautiful. 

- Hannah 

1 comment:

Aixa said...

Hi! I’m visiting from Purposeful Faith. It truly is special to think we are chosen by God. “What is man that you may think of him”, as David said. What a privilege, that God would choose us! Thank you for this reminder!