Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Beatriz: Brave Story



Beatriz is another friend I met over social media, I am so thankful how we can connect with people we would have probably not met otherwise. Her story, reminded me that we are not alone in our seasons and situations. We have the Spirit of God with us and within us, He is guiding us and we need to start believing Him. So thankful to have Beatriz share her story with us today. - Hannah

For Years, I have been guiding students and their families through the uncertainty and fear which are often experienced when making life altering decisions, such as which college to attend or which major to choose. What I did not realize back then is that it was my intuition guiding me in matching my students to their best fit schools and majors. Little did I know, I was going to need this clear crisp clarity in my own life during painful and uncertain times

Fast forward a couple of years, I was confronted with a series of life altering events which tested all of my beliefs and left me in excruciating pain, not knowing why they were happening or where to look for help. First, I was involved in a car accident, which was a blessing because doctors were able to find an early cancer. I had a successful surgery, but upon awakening from anesthesia I learned one of my parents had fallen sick. Forty-eight hours later, my parent was diagnosed with a stage four, rare and nasty, cancer called Cholangiocarcinoma or bile duct cancer for which there are not many treatments. 

This left me physically, emotionally, and financially broken. I had to take a year off from work to heal myself, while seeking the right clinical trials for my loved one and leaving no stone unturned for holistic treatments. During this time, there was a lot of praying, soul searching, serendipities, and plenty of intuitive hunches and guidance. As we were going through the cancer journey, my dog popped up a lump which turned out to be another nasty cancer called Mast Cell Cancer. This was the last blow to my soul. I hit bottom, but I never lost the strength to keep fighting, advocating, and healing.

The reason I am still alive and doing unexpectedly well, is because in one way or another I have allowed my intuition to take the driver’s seat in my life and have found love and support from the right people, at the right place, and at the right time.

Without a doubt in my heart, I know that what I call “intuition” (some other people may call it grace, soul, consciousness, etc.) is that part of me that is connected to GOD. It is the conduit through which GOD speaks to us, answering our prayers and providing us with grace every second of every minute of every day. 

What I know for sure is that no matter how hard or painful a situation can feel right now, know that you are not alone, and help is already on its way. Trust the process, trust your gut, trust your faith, and trust GOD.

..........................................................................................................................................................


Beatriz grew up in a bicultural and bilingual household in California. Her professional background includes over 15 years of experience in education, counseling, and advocacy. When not helping others, she is collecting contemporary art, attending musical theater, supporting sustainable food initiatives, and being a pet parent to her basset hound rescue Frank. You can keep up with Beatriz on Instagram and at www.intuitionlately.com 


No comments: