Friday, August 11, 2017

Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner

“I have chased more and I have chased less. I have lived large and I have lived small. I have sped up, slowed down, traded up, pared down, built myself up, fallen down. But have I looked up? Laid it down? Perhaps we were never meant to change the pace. We were meant to surrender it.” – Erin Loechner

The past couple of years I have had the amazing opportunity to read advanced copies of books that excite me and books from my favorite authors. Chasing Slow, Courage to Journey off the Beaten Path, was a book that excited me. The title alone caught my attention and ignited a quieted desire within me, slowness. A life lived in enjoyment of my days, not a life lived wondering where all my days went; the latter is a beat I tend to keep up with. There is a song my world seems to work off of, more, most, do, be all, do all, achieve it, add it, look it, earn more. It is a life of more and if you think you got it, there is yet another step to reach. 

Erin knows this life well, she lived it and is in the struggle daily to embrace the beauty and gift of slowness in her every day. She shares her journey in chasing slow as you read her about struggles and see her family grow in the face of hard battles. Slowness is embracing the surrender of every day; our more, our less, and embracing humility. It is not a cry for you to ditch the things you love, but to leave behind the things you do not need and embrace the bare bones of what you truly enjoy, not the extras we tack on out of expectations or comparison. 

This story of Erin’s journey has helped me to embrace my uniform, to create a space that is reflective of me, to embrace my quirks and live in the abundance of what I have been given. Most of the time that does not look like trying to achieve or be a carbon copy of the women next to me in what I physically possess. Slow for me is more about being present in life, not trying to make a life. More being and less running in circles trying to chase my own butt, when the invitation to do me is right in front of me. 

I have already arrived. 

Raw writing, short chapters, beautiful pictures within and gorgeous hardcover.
This book was a 10/10 for me. 

You can purchase Chasing Slow ….
Amazon: Chasing Slow
Erin’s Blog: Design For Mankind

No comments: